Florida Historic Capitol Foundation, Corporation
In 2009, the Florida Legislature created the Historic Capitol Foundation. Its mission is to provide monetary support, advocacy, and stewardship to promote the Florida Historic Capitol and its program of civic education. Additionally, the Foundation’s support will ensure the continued preservation of Florida’s historic capitol building, a structure listed in the National Register of Historic Places for its great significance to local, state, and national history. The Foundation was designated as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization in October 2010.
Goals of the Florida Historic Capitol Foundation
- Support the fabrication and installation of new exhibits in the Historic Capitol Museum
- Support the development of a virtual museum and educational programming that will increase the public’s awareness of Florida’s political history and its important legacy, enhance public awareness of governmental activities, and encourage civic involvement of all citizens
- Create an endowment for the Historic Capitol Museum's exhibits and educational programming
- Create an endowment for perpetual maintenance and preservation of the Historic Capitol
2012 Board Members
- Mr. David Mica, Chair
- The Honorable Lisa Carlton, Vice Chair
- Mr. Ron Book, Secretary
- The Honorable Bill Gunter, Jr.
- Mr. Peter Harris, Treasurer
- The Honorable Kurt Browning
Dade City, Florida
- Mr. John Clark
- The Honorable Major Harding
To learn more about how you can support the Florida Historic Capitol Foundation, please contact Michelle Gammon Purvis, Curator, at (850) 487-1902 or email@example.com.